01 October 2011

Moving forward

Well, I managed to find a way to compile the programs which were giving me errors. So I went back and did the first Mad Marx tutorial. Finding the fix was more accidental while working on another project than it was trying to rework the Mad Marx tutorials, but I guess I will get around to them in the near future.

I also started the In-Depth tutorials, with my own version of the framework. My goal is to go over each of the other tutorials and try to find ways to add them to my current framework rather than making new cpp files for each tutorial and not have them be related. My hope is that by the end of these tutorials to have a framework which will handle almost everything I need. For starters, I was going through the Advanced Framework (the next In-Depth tutorial) and found a section of game-state coding which will be very useful (state 1 is the log-in screen, 2 is the main menu, 3-n are the different menu screens, and n+1 is the actual game once loaded). Besides this I need to go through, figure out what each item added deals with and whether the element would be relative to my project, in which case I will add it to my framework.

Once I finish all tutorial I will start the main work on the program but the framework I have been creating will likely serve as a platform from which I can build up the different elements of the game.

I did not forget about the uploads, I am hoping to get to them in the next post as I have been busy getting through this one.
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment