04 October 2011

A little bit of a slow weekend

I should clarify this a bit. It is not for a lack of effort the weekend was a little slow. The In-Depth tutorials take a lot of time to go through since they tend to be very dense with information. With that said I did manage to get through 2 of the In-Depth tutorials over the weekend, one on manual resource loading and the other on how Ogre manages resources. The management was interesting since it explained why the tutorials gloss over the fact that even on the simplest of tutorials, the whole resource configuration file is loaded into the program. Apparently, as long as the resource is not called to load, it is only a pointer to a space on the hard drive (at least how I more or less understand it). While neither of these are extremely useful, I plan on mostly using models rendered on a 3D modeling program and not making the objects by scratch, they did provide some insight into how Ogre works with the meshes and textures not previously covered.

Not to disappoint too much but the tutorials for next post look to be of a similar type, interesting, though not extremely useful. Of course, I say that now before I set out to do the program, I may find that I will need to refer to these when actually loading a custom resource type.

As for the file for some of the previous tutorials, I kind of forgot them. For me they are less important than moving on with the next set of tutorials. Hopefully I will remember them sometime in the next week.
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment