15 October 2011

The Long and Short

While I could go on for a while about all I have done over the week, my hope is to keep this post fairly short. The biggest news is I finished the penultimate In-Depth tutorial, which had to do with changing the camera. My only complaint with it is the 3rd person camera does not follow like I think it should. Also to prevent unexpected behavior, I needed to overwrite one of the example functions, not a big deal but that is not in the tutorial and is the only thing that makes the tutorial worth playing with. I am hoping to getting around to fixing it sometime over the next few weeks (should only require changing the camera to update based on character position) and I will post it online since it can be fun.

Now for the next sets of tutorials. I went back and started redoing the Mad Marx tutorials. I have been able to work through the original error I got and have about half of the Mad Marx tutorials finished. Unfortunately the tutorial window has reached a point where I need a fresh window to see what is going on and I have not felt like making the new file. Hopefully these will be finished in the course of the next week, but it is doubtful they will get posted online. So far the best lesson from their actual execution (I read the tutorials a while ago) is why to use header files.

Okay, last topic for this post, my work with 3D modeling. Notice no picture, means I did not finish anything worth sharing. Of course this does not mean I did not learn anything. Probably the biggest lesson is that human heads are very complex to model. The other is how to use two complimentary images at right angles to each other to make a 3-dimensional image of the object, of course also learned is he farther from been at right angles to each the harder the 3D image is to make. With that said, I will probably have a cool picture done for next post (or the one after if the image takes longer than I am thinking it should).

Being I went over what I thought I would get done when least week, I am going to end the post here. Not real short, but fairly concise. I tried,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment