25 October 2011

Recovery

So I spent most of the weekend recovering from the cold I had last week.  This means I did not get much done with anything.  My 3D modeling got distracted by a small part of a small part of my big project and I just did not get much else done.  That said, this gave me time to update my Progress page which I will describe below. Other additions for the near future may be an images page where I put all of the images throughout the blog into a single section, though I may hold off for a little while and split it in three sections.  3D modeling tutorials would cover images I have done for the different tutorials and modeling work which is unrelated to the game.  Concept art would include any Ogre screenshots, original 3D modeling for the game, and anything else I think should be set aside in this page.  The final page would be a game preview page which would include images from any project which will be built into the game as well as models which will be used in the game.

Okay now for the changes to the Progress page.  Tutorial completion is set properly.  A note about getting the numbers wrong has been removed since the completion has been correct for about two weeks.  Artis tutorials have been removed.  Though I did not do any tutorials this weekend, I did go through o see what was remaining.  After actually going into the Artis tutorials, I found mot were only tables of contents to be added later.  A new section has been added for small projects not handled under the tutorials.  The tank movement demonstration has been described in an earlier post and I am not going to go over that again.  Also note I moved the start date from early to mid November.  While the two technical demonstrations will become part of the game, actual work on the full game will not begin until later.  So while much of what I do in early November will be foundations for the game, I am not considering the work on the game to begin before the two projects are finished.

Now to go over what I want the Proof of Concept to entail.  Upon opening the executable, the game should initialize and then open up the log-in screen.  For the concept the log-in screen will just have a button to move on to the actual game if the right username is put in, else it displays a failed log-in screen much like I want the actual game to do.  Once in the game, I want to be able to go to at least two of the menu screens and have the bring actual information up, the rest should say under construction.  Hitting the escape key should bring up a menu after passing the log-in screen.  Here I hope to set up a few working options, put mostly this is a place holder for the future menus.  Also in the menus is am option to exit the game which should be the only way to terminate the program.  I do not want to make it impossible to leave but I also do not want it to be possible to exit the game accidentally.  The final aspect I want to add to this is when one goes to where the game should start, it brings up the aforementioned tank movement demonstration.
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment