24 June 2012

Work in Progress: Well Scene Animation (Part II)

As is fairly visible from the image to the left, I got a bit of work done on the animation scene I laid out last weekend.  I know it is hard to see, but in the bottom left, just under the wall is one of the vine-like bushes I was making last week.  That was the only one saved before my computer decided it wanted to restart.  As for this weekend, I did a bit to get it closer to my final ideal.  Firstly, I worked on the wall behind the well.  This is not done, I am thinking of adding something to the middle of the square, possibly a gargoyle or something along those lines.  That is still left to do, but besides that I am pleased with how the back turned out.  Most vegetation still needs to be done: the bushes and both trees.  I am thinking of only doing about two more bushes.  Stepping stones are still missing, though those should be fairly easy, once everything else is in place.  The lanterns are discussed below, and then I need to map and paint the entire scene and finish up with animating everything like I previously described.

Another detail of this project I am working on is the lanterns on each side of the well.  They are still lacking some detail, my goal was to get the blocking out virtually finished and then work on detailing the actual piece at another point.  The image I am using as a reference has holes cut in the flared part on the bottom, not sure if I will add those.  What I do need to add are the cut out to allow light to leave the lantern.  My thinking is I will make a square cut out, add a half thickness pane of glass and then add the detail with new objects.  Once everything is finished with the lantern, it will be fun to see how the lighting looks in the scene.  Currently my only problem with the lantern is that it is too large, a simple scaling issue which can be solved once the model is ready.  Hopefully I can get some more of the lantern finished over the week, and if I am really inspired finished the vine-like bushes and stepping stones.  Though that may be pushing my luck, have a good week,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment