11 June 2012

Work in Progress: Armored Train Car (Part II)

So here we are at the end of another weekend.  To the right is the first skin for the armored tank car.  I finished the UV layout and even managed to get the first of the two paint jobs I wanted to do done.  This one is not for the game but based off of the following three view drawing: German Army Heavy Armored Train Nr.51 (Plastic model) Color2.  While not an exact match, that was never my goal.  I could have tried for it, bu the number of polygons being used on smaller and smaller things was a limiting factor to keep it as a piece for the game.  Another thing I could have done was added the small detail to the texture, but I always feel that looks a little cheap.  Hopefully over the course of the week I can get the actual game skin finished.  With this project nearing completion, I am hoping to get a little more work done on the road models so at least the basic roadways are finished.  I am thinking I want to build a parking lot roadway skin also, based on the fifty foot straight piece.  I also want to build a track to put this car on, though that is not a real immediate priority.  Until the weekend,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment