12 November 2011

Small update

While I did learn a lot this week, almost none of it was related to this game.  Probably the biggest thing I learned was how tiring it is to sit in pretty much one spot for about six hours, I really never would have thought that it would be so draining.  I also continued to learn how to paint a room as well as starting to learn how to put it a floor (I have already done a few tile rooms but this room is these interlocking wood rectangles).  With any luck most of what is keeping me from this project will calm down.

I made a small change to the Progress page reflecting my inability to make forward progress on this game changing the date from mid to late November since as hard as it is to believe it is pretty much mid November.  There is not much left for me to do hopefully once I straighten the problem with the XML file out and with any luck I will be through those fairly quick and start to wrap up the Advanced Framework.  But I am getting ahead of myself again.

I was hoping to have some artwork done for this post.  Most of the earlier project I have I have not touched, like the low poly house, though I did try to go back and re-texture the tank.  That did not work out so far, but I am getting closer with the texturing.  The major project I was working on has been placed on the back-burner also, though I will probably get back to that one around the end of the month.  What has been absorbing my attention are a small series of tutorials I found.  Again, I do not plan on finishing all of them, but I find them very interesting.  The main problem is the are high poly, which will probably mean slow rendering.  I started watching a tutorial to make a dragon, then moved onto a landscape and a boat, and while all were interesting, and contained some good ideas, they were not real relevant to this project.  I did find a mech which I have started and was hoping to have done for this post, but it is taking me a real long time to move through the tutorial.  If nothing else it will make a pretty picture for the end of the weekend post.

Well, I have said enough about nothing so I will ed it here,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment