31 December 2012

Hard Lesson in Animation

So I nearly finished up my first animation and decided that it was time to render it.  I had rendered bits and pieces as I went and did not really notice anything since they were single frames.  When you switch from frame to complete animation, you gain an appreciation for just how fast the brain works.  In order to fool the brain, the computer needs to display 24 frames each seconds.My animation is just under 10 seconds, so its length is just over 200 frames.  My first couple of tries went quick since I toned down the render requirements, but I would continually get errors with the particle system render, which made them fairly useless as something to display.  However, knowing the settings were high during the creation and animation layout stages and those images came out nice looking, I was left with only one choice.  Unfortunately, each frame on those setting takes between 12 and 15 minutes to render - as opposed ot the first time which was under one minute and the second which was three to four.

So, I have been rendering this animation since Saturday and it will take a decent bit of Monday to finish it.  Because of this long length of time, I have been afraid to work on the other project, which has a tendency to cause the modeling program to crash.  While I could restart the render from the last finished frame, as I am rendering each frame as an image, I would hate to loose anything I changed after saving last.  I have been fooling around with other items, but I am not sure if I will post any of those, especially since nothing is anywhere near any stage of completion.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment