29 December 2012

Slowly Progressing through the Holidays

So I have been making progress, but it has been extremely slow.  So slow that I really do not have any images to post.  As I have said, currently I am trying to knock off two projects before the new year, or shortly into it, then return the the modeling for the game.  The one project which I am not really disclosing much on until its release is moving along at a decent pace, but nothing Earth shattering.  Since I am trying to keep it a surprise, I am going to leave it at that, it probably needs about four or five hours, before I am happy with it, then it will need to render and hopefully it will be done.

The other big project is the abandoned building I started back in October and which has not had much new on it since mid-November.  I have fixed some of the aspects I did not like so far.  I have a little to add still in terms of what has already been modeled.  After that, I need to get the flood lights up and textured to finish off that part of the project.  At that point I will do a final, before post-processing render.  Then I will move on to post-processing, which will take a little time I am sure, but I hope when compared with the before image, the difference is noticeable.  Estimating what that is going to entail, and assuming a minimum number of crashes and data loss, that is probably about ten hours - mostly because I need to learn about post-processing while I am doing it on this project.

Not really sure how much I am going to get done since I am trying to enjoy some of the gifts I have received over the holidays, but I really do want to finish these projects and get back to the game.  Once back on my project, I will probably start blocking out a level or two, just to get a feel for how large I want the map to be and how much I need to make.  From there I will make a list and start doing one piece at a time, slowly building the level in something playable.  Once the level is done, I will worry about the tanks, weapons, turrets, satellites, and other non-static objects.  Well, hopefully I have something next time, until then,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment