10 December 2012

And the Torque Tutorials are Wrapped Up

I have finished the Torque tutorials, which is a nice plus.  I do not feel I learned everything I need, but I do think I got a good start on the basic layout of the development kit.  Of course, there is nothing to show.  As I mentioned before, I was trying to get through the tutorials as fast as possible and this precluded making models and things of that nature.  Hopefully in the near future, I can get something like a mock up level made.  But I would not hold my breath since that may take a while.  On the plus side most of the tutorials worked.  For some reason the weapon models did not load properly, but that was not a big concern of mine.  They behaved as they were intended to, and the models came with the engine.  My only other problem was I could not package the tutorial.  Apparently their old code was written poorly and they have not made the time to correct it, so the button does nothing.  When I went to do it manually, it said my PhysX engine was either not installed or I needed to set a environmental variable.  I did not feel like doing either, so I have not worked through packaging a game yet.  To be honest, I am hoping the graphics version is up and running by the time I am ready to package a game since it looks much easier than the command line version available to me now.  That about wraps up Torque for the moment.  I seem happy with it, though who knows where I will be blown by the time I am ready to release.  Unreal has a new version coming out, I may want to look at that - at least the UDK version of it.

I also want to apologize for missing the Friday post.  Long week and I just forgot.  Actuially I fell asleep which is almost the same as forgetting.  But it was not like I had that much to say.  Next week looks to be filled with overtime, so my post for next Friday may be skipped if I have nothing new to say.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment