01 October 2012

Monday Again

Another incredibly short weekend.  Saturday was mostly spent on getting my computer working right.  I have a hard drive that something is wrong with, I am thinking it is the casing, and it is sometimes connected and sometimes disconnected.  When I access it when connected, when it disconnects Windows freaks and I cannot even shut down.  So I spent Saturday figuring out to restore full control to the computer for some reason I need to restart into Safe Mode and then restart again.

Now, ever since I put a router in my room, I have been the Network Administrator for my house.  I was doing things here and there before that, but since it is easier to connect to the router in my room, almost everything uses it.  Since everything uses it, it is now my responsibility when anything goes wrong to fix it - not sure this is completely fair, but life is not, so no use complaining.  For some reason the printer hooked up to the wireless router was not behaving and that is where most of my Sunday went.  Worst part was, by the end of the day it was still only working with a USB cable.

Besides all those distractions, I have been working on a genealogy project making charts.  Well, when my computer freaked Saturday, it corrupted four of my files and I do not back anything up - not really by choice, just no space - so Sunday was spent remaking most of those.  Hopefully this project will die down soon enough and I can go back to playing with 3d modeling and finding an engine to use for this game.  Well, until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment