13 October 2012

Just another cog in the machine

I know I already did a cog once before, actually it was just under a year ago, but this one is much different.  The other cog used a generated material and was not very complex at all.  It was mostly an exercise in using metallic generated materials.  This cog, I think, has a bit more character.  Besides the fact the shape is much more complex then last time, which I think was a pair of loop cuts and an extrusion, this one has a smooth applied so the teeth look a little more worn.  Additionally, I UV-unwrapped it, applied an actual texture and used the texture with a color ramp and Black-and-White converter to generate a bump map.

Not much else done, but hopefully that changes in the near future.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment