08 October 2012

Work in Progress: Motor Pool Garage (Part I)

I am not sure why, but after my last post, I felt inspired to make the garage for the motor pool.  I may use this as a generic garage and place it in spots around the map, since it would make more sense then some of the other ideas I had about reloading locations.  I apologize for the quality of the render, for some reason it would not render in the image but the object worked fine in the work area, so this is a screenshot of the work area set as close to render settings as possible.  The model itself is near done as after getting the shape I wanted, I cut the number of face on the main structure from over six-hundred to just under two-hundred, reducing the number of triangles by about one-thousand.  Most of the other parts will not reduce as nicely since their model is about as low poly count as possible already.  For the modeling part, I still need to add two more doors, a front door which will be mostly glass and a door between the shop and garage area which will be wooden.  I would also like to add a satellite dish to the roof and a small sign across the top of the shop and between the garage doors to show which team has control over the garage.  Additional items may include things inside the shop and garage - desk, computer, chairs in the shop and tools and a pair of car lifts in the garage - though these are detail and can be added much later, since they are really unnecessary polygons for the overall model itself..  Once those are in, work on the UV layouts can begin, though these show not take that much time as most objects are just cubes and the structure has been dramatically cut down in polygon count.  Then I can begin texturing the model, which will probably be a clean concrete face for the outside structure, though I may do one a little more broken down for an image render, and a little dirtier on the inside.  Window and door frames will be wood, not sure if I want to make it look painted or not though, and the glass will be dirty for both the image render and game model.  Once all the the texturing is done, all I need to do is make a handful of collision boxes and the object will be ready to export.

And I went and got ahead of myself again.  Hopefully, I will have the modeling end finished off by the end of the week and figure out why it did not render nicely.  So, until then,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment