03 September 2012

Nothing to Show

I know I could have went back and started working on one of the previously posted projects, but I really wanted to test out the glass material.  Unfortunately, in the scene I was trying to render, a red, lit candle inside a dark blue glass holder, the holder would not render and I cannot figure out why.  That was what I spent most of Friday and Saturday playing with, and while not extremely productive, it would have been neat.  My main purpose for this was eventually adding the candles to the well scene, adding just that little extra bit of detail.  Until I figure out why the holder did not render though, the only two candles will be inside the lanterns - something I have not gotten to yet.

The other thing I made was something a little more game inspired.  I made a large open-metal tower.  It is kind of hard to describe as I do not know the technical name, but it is a four-sided tower with thick metal poles at the vertical corners, horizontal braces at regular intervals and thinner braces connecting the two.  I do not think I can use it in game since it has way too may faces - almost 4300 for just the tower, not even anything connected or on top - but it was fun to see how something could be made using just a small fraction then mirroring and repeating.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment