24 November 2012

More work with Torque 3D

Most of the time I had to work on this project went into learning the new engine.  It was a real short week to start with so I still have quite a bit left of the tutorial to finish in their series.  So far I have covered basic syntax, which is fairly standard object oriented notation, and how that syntax can be hooked into the world editor.  So far it does not seem very difficult, however, I have only created the most basic of triggers so far.  While there are still several questions about various aspects of the engine which I am thinking will be answered as I go through the tutorials, I seem happy with this engine.  Of course a week ago I was happy with UDK, so the final decision may still be in the future.

There was mot much to show so far since most of the tutorials use either features built into Torque or are just writing to the command line.  My guess is that I may not really be showing any progress off until I finish all of the tutorials ad start a game on my own.  I may be wrong and by the end may start adding my own elements into the tutorials to keep them interesting, but even then 95% of what you would be seeing was someone else's work.  Hopefully more to come in the next post about my progress and hopefully something a little more tangible.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment