03 November 2012

Abandoned Building Scene (Part II)

Despite mother nature's best effort to stop me from working on this, I did manage to get a little done.  Granted, I still need to texture the stairs which are a white sore in the middle of a decent job, I think, so far.  I am going to stretch the overgrowth a little so it is not as noticeable, though that is a quick trick.  Bedsides that, I feel fairly happy with what I have to present, so I will move forward.  The next part will be scattered debris, a few palettes, and a fifty-five gallon drum or two.  Then comes with ivy which I want overgrowing the back wall and right wall, as well as maybe one running down the railing.  But that is still pretty far off, so I do not want to get ahead of myself.  Beyond that I want to make a background object or two, perhaps an object behind the camera to cast a shadow and then set an overcast sky.  To wrap up the image, I would like to add a few lights around the scene, just to touch off some of the more intricate work.  And then it is just a matter of post-production to add that little extra to the scene, of course this is way off in the future.

Besides the obvious texturing changes from last time, there were a few scene changes.  I was talking about changing the width of the yard, I think I am going to leave it since I accomplished something similar by changing the cameras height and rotation.  The doors are also a new addition.  Finally, I added a temporary light so that the detail being added to the scene was noticeable   This will be removed once I add the other lights around the scene - perhaps earlier to just get a feel where the others lights will be needed.

For those interested, I think I mentioned I was bracing for the hurricane in the previous post.  Since I am making this post, it is obvious nothing serious happened.  Lost power for a dat and a half, internet for three days and television for four.  Everything now seems to be in working order and hopefully with the little downtime I have I can rush through some of those to-dos I still have with this scene.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment