05 November 2012

Abandoned Building Scene (Part III)

While I probably should have finished the modeling end of this over the previous weekend, I hit a few set backs.  Even though I know I should save more often, normally it does not really matter.  For this project, it has bit me twice, but each time I think I get a better result.  When I initially lost power due ti the hurricane, I lost the very basic texturing job I did no the building.  Yesterday, while trying to add a sky background, it crashed again, again loosing the texturing I did no the building - yes, I saved the image of the texturing but forgot to save the model itself.  This time, I think it came out much more interesting, being more patches of scattered moss than a bad drip pattern.  Also, I did each area of the building with a different material, just to get it to look a little nicer and decrease any more blatant repetition.

Now for what is new besides the re-texturing of the building.  Stairs are slightly reformed, giving a slightly more interesting look than before, and are textured which made the last render look bad.  The sky has been added to this shot, and I think it sets the scene off better, just comparing the brightness of the flooring.  I have scattered a few little extras around in the shape of metal drums, though I have not gotten to making the palettes yet.  I made some barbed wire for the wall, but I think an post or something on the corners is needed to anchor it a little better, it may also need a few posts to give it just a little more realism.  I have started working on the lights - a combination of floodlights and siren - though they are not in a shape which I feel is presentable.  Then the only modeling left is the debris, which I am really giving a decent bit of thought trying to think of plausible bits to be scattered around to really make the scene.  Then the only objects left to model are either casting shadows in the foreground behind the camera or in the distance breaking up the horizon.

While that probably seems like a lot, the overall number of objects is fairly small and now more for detail - except the lights which will add lighting also - which means the modeling and texturing portion of this is actually at a foreseeable end, though not here quite yet.  Again, once the modeling and texturing is done, the final lighting is set up to get all of the shadows and detail out of the scene and then it is on to the rendering.  The final render will have a bit of post-processing involved since I want the distant wall to be almost behind a little mist.  Besides that, I will probably only do a small bit of light enhancing.  I have not done anything with the end of 3D modeling - I have been more focused on the modeling.texturing since those are the important ends to game design - and my projects usually never get that far anyway.

Well that is probably enough to poor anyone, so I will leave whatever else somes into my head for next time,
~gunnah.

No comments:

Post a Comment