25 August 2012

Work in Progress: Well Scene Take 2 (Part I)

Since I have decided to see how quickly I can learn a new 3D modeling program a few months ago, I decided to pick up a recent project I was working on with the last program and see how easy I can port it into the new 3D modeler.  Right now I just have the basic wall added, there are still a few details needed to recreate it like I had it, but for a night I feel it is good progress.  The wall had a top area with varying extrusions, as well as curved areas going into the lower walls if I remember correctly.  If I can get myself together this weekend, I will try to get those added, as well as trying to increase the curve in the wall itself, looking at it now, it seems a little tight.  I apologize if it is a little hard to see some of the details, but I was playing with the procedural materials and trying to make a green marble.  I think it came out decent, not for a focal item, but more something to give the impression of marble.  It is hard to see the swirls without looking closely at the image, but with a little work on the coloration, I think I can get it a little better.  The colors and the scaling of the texture itself, but that is a worry for another time as I am likely to change it to more of a stone base soon.

Unfortunately the game I was beta testing a month or so ago is being released this weekend.  That means I am unlikely to spend much time on anything besides that if I do not need to, though I may take a break once I feel I made it far enough into the game.  I will again be looking to take an extreme number of screenshots so I can dissect how a professional game assets are created.

Well that about wraps up post number 100.  I know I did a big thing for 50, but I do not feel I have done much with the game at the moment, but hopefully by 150 I will b back on track.  Hope everyone has a good weekend,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment