25 November 2013

Work in Progress: Gothic Revival Cathedral (Part IV)

Another week has come and gone and here I am showing what I have done during the week.  I finished the main window, meaning the only objects still needing to be modeled in the spires or the top portion of the main building are detail pieces.  The door has been coming along nicely.For the frame itself, I am only missing a handful of detail items.  Once these items are finished, I can quickly model the door which just looks like an iron gate.  With the door blocked in and nearing completion, at least to an equal point to the spires or windows, the only major piece to add is the central spire.  I am hoping the central spire goes together quickly, so by next weekend I have a fully modeled cathedral.  Once I am done modeling, I am thinking of posting the finished image of the gray model on a few sites to get some feedback.  From the people I have shown in person, they have all been very impressed, so I am hoping to get something a little more constructive out of the internet.  While waiting for replies, I will try to get the building UV unwrapped.  After unwrapping all that will be left will be to texture, make a final render and a bit of post production work.  If I continue to work like I have been and nothing comes up in the foreseeable future, I would expect this to take until mid December.

Besides the cathedral, I have been working on one other piece.  It is nowhere near complete enough to show off, however, I am hoping to eventually offer the 3D model for sale.  I have thought about trying to work the cathedral into a 3D print, but it would be on a very small scale since the model is over one hundred meters tall.Hopefully when this project has a slow point for visible progress, my other project will be in a decent enough completion that I can show it off.  I have also been considering going back to a project which I nearly finished and see if I cannot just add the final details and get several pieces done at once.  With any luck, I would like to have those two projects finished by the end of the year to at least have something to show off for a year's worth of effort.

Well, I think I dreamt enough for this post.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment