18 November 2013

Work in Progress: Gothic Revival Cathedral (Part III)

So I got a bit more done on the cathedral over the last week.  Not quite what I had been hoping to get done, but I do feel I made decent progress.  The most obvious change is probably the sky I added.  I had been hoping to put it off adding it for a little while longer, but there is not much point to doing so much modeling and not seeing it in the best light.  The spires are almost done, I just have some decorative elements to add which do not add a whole lot to the structure as a while, but I feel would be noticed if missing.  I also began adding the main building.  The top bit is finished, except for perhaps a decorative element or two.  The main window has been blocked out and I just started adding the window framework.  This should be finished easily this week.  Once the main window is done, I will move on to the front door.  This is one of the more ornate pieces and may take some time to get everything modeled.  The last piece of the building after that will be the main spire rising from the center.  Once all of that is finished, I will add a few decorative elements to really sell the piece along with the steps and fence in front of the cathedral.  This is probably a few weeks away and I will not go into more detail on what follows because that is even further away.

Hopefully, everyone is liking how this is shaping up and that it will look even more complete next week.  Until next time,
~gunnah.

No comments:

Post a Comment