17 September 2011

Another short post

Last time I mentioned I got CEGUI and Ogre compiled and was hoping to get them to play nice in my last beginner's tutorial. While I am not getting the errors that most of the people seem to have had a problem with, since I compile both from source instead of, as a lot of people seem to do, use both SDKs. My problem is for some reason nothing is being generated. I know the project compiled fine before I started since I compiled the blank Ogre project, and everything was rewritten fine since I am getting a mouse pointer and no Ogre FPS box. But that is as far as I can get the project to go.

I thought everything was working fine, though I did notice the mouse pointer was the Window's default pointer. But after trying to add a button that says quit (not even the functionality, just the button), all I get is the black screen and pointer. After a small search I found out a file for a CEGUI log was suppose to be made which was not. So my guess is that something very early in the program is not behaving properly. Since this will involve making sure that every line added is doing what it is meant to do, this will probably be a fairly long and drawn out process. Since it make take a few days to solve, I decided to stop there for the moment to update this before stopping for the night.

If all goes well, the model for the satellite and this tutorial will be finished for the next post.
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment