01 July 2012

Work in Progress: Well Scene Animation (Part III)

So I redid the lantern, not that my computer gave me a say in the matter.  The image to the left shows how the lantern now looks and I am fairly happy with how the object turned out as a whole.  I am still deciding how to go about the latch and hinges, if I even get into that much detail.  The candle inside is fairly easy to make, though the fluid effects above the candle are a little harder to control, though with enough work, they can make a really cool effect.  I may choose to just add a light inside the lantern since it is only a minor detail and the fluid, being fully contained by the lantern, would be almost unnoticeable.  One thing I would like to do the the actual model though is add a few chain links to the top so the lantern is not directly on the hook.Once I get everything where I want it, I can scale the model so it fits nicely into the scene.  I may map and color the lantern before returning to the rest of the scene since it is its own object in its own right - unlike some of the others which form part of the "main scene" object.  But this planning is for a while out still, at the moment I would just like to get the lantern situated in the scene and catch the scene up with this level of detail.  Have a good week,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment