21 May 2012

Work in Progress: Armored Train Car (Part I)

First off, I complete missed Fridays post since I was out late Friday night and was too tired when I got in to make the post.  With that said, I would have little to post today if I had made that post since I did not get much done with the game.  To the left is the current state of my armored train model, a total of 3345 faces.  Creating the UV layouts is about half done, though the turrets may require quite a bit of work compared to the rest of the model and they are not done yet.  Once the UV layout is complete, I can start texturing which will make the image look a lot more interesting.  Not sure how much work I am going to be able to get done on this over the week, but I am hoping to get most of the UV layout finished.  Accompanying this model I am probably going to need three pieces of track, but those should go together quickly once this model is pretty much done - only one piece per section.  I have been contemplating the best way to get the gravel effect and I am hoping that a bump map will work since I do not want to budget that many faces for a detail likely overlooked.

On another note, I have a dozen or so 3D tutorials that I am looking to do in varying degrees of completion - some are just modeling while others go all the way to texturing.  Most are high-polygon count, which will be a nice change from what I have been doing.  When I get around to these projects, I will be sure to post images.  Also slightly unrelated, I am working on getting a Gallery section to show how far varying pieces of 3D art have come.  While that is not a priority, I would like to get that working in the near future.  Until next Friday, hopefully,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment