14 May 2012

A bit of decoration

Okay, I could have dove right back into the project trying to remember how I did everything and where I left off but I decided to do something different.I have begun work on a larger piece of decoration for the motor pool I hope to eventually fill, an armored train car.  The car itself is historic, but I did not really choose it for any of its historical meaning and I will likely re-decal the car (probably making two skins, the historic and in-game, using the historic mostly to show off in a post), trying to make it my first big piece for this new map.  Right now I only have the body blocked out, Mother's Day took more out of me than I thought it would, totaling only about 200 triangles (or 100 faces).  As I add detail the number of faces will sky-rocket probably around 2000 to 2500 faces when all is said and done.  This is not that bad as the car is about half the size of a small house, approximately 50 feet in length, though only 12 feet wide, which I was giving three to four thousand faces.

Do not really have much  more to talk about and no pictures yet so I will end this post a little early.  Hope everyone has a good week,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment