14 January 2012

Work in Progress: Row-House (Part 2)

So I really do not have much to report over the week, Life has become very busy and it looks to only be getting busier.  With that said, I have pretty much completed the modeling for the row-house.  To the left is the front and right side of the building which includes the billboard.  The overall model is roughly five thousand polygon faces, not great but for its size, I do not think it is a problem..  This means I do not think I need to worry about baking some of the details into the texturing, so that section of the previous work-in-progress post is not necessary at the moment..  I still am thinking about some of the other smaller detail I want to work into the building, like stair-rail and fencing.  As for the bars over the windows, I am still undecided about whether I think that would look good or just be a polygon sinkhole.  The other thing I think is missing from the overall picture is some kind of lighting from along the bottom of the billboard.

Continuing with the row-house, left is the back and left-side (when viewed from front).  It is mostly just reused panels from the front of the house, but does include the cellar doors.  I am thinking about also including a light above the cellar doors to add a little more detail to the model.  Besides these few little details, - which I probably will not waste a post on, though if I get a few projects that only need a few tweaks each, I may do one on all of the little tweaks, - I think the modeling portion of this project is a success.  Like the courthouse project, I am going to put off the texturing portion of this project until I get a little more comfortable with the texturing process and have a few models textured.

Just a note, I am note sure if I will be around to make my Monday post after this weekend.  From what it looks like, life is about to become much more hectic, and I may be forced to stop my Monday posts until life slows down a bit, which may take until the end of the semester or longer.  Obviously, I will try to keep posting as regular as possible, since I found posting once a week leads to me forgetting about it until the last moment.  Well, until next post,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment