13 May 2013

Work in Progress: Crooked House (Part I)

I have been fooling around with a few projects to get back into the flow of things after my little break.  As shown last week I was playing with an organic model, though I did not make too much progress.  Actually, it was quite a bit of progress but it just does not look like much because of how small the detail in the face is.  The other projects are a hard surface, a scene and an architectural model.  As I made the most progress with the architectural model, that is what I will be showing off today.  Hopefully as I work through these projects, I can show each of them off, and hopefully finishing them and getting back to game models.

I have always like the Tudor style houses with their exposed beams.  It may just be that there are not that many around me, or that they are only used on larger houses.  But that is what this model is going to become, a four-story Tudor house with several leaning elements to create an interesting look.  I started out by blocking the first two stories of the house out.  I then started adding in the beams.  Most of the first three stories have been constructed.  The first floor is stone, which is why some of the block out still remains there.  The part of the third floor that has not been finished is a rear window and the base on which the fourth floor sits.  The coloring was only added to hopefully make it easier to make out what shapes there are.  I felt the grey blended into itself much too easily.

Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment