16 April 2012

No pictures but progress

As I think I have already mentioned, I am making the walls in a single mesh despite being two or more objects.  This is mostly to make my job simple when I go to tile them, I just need to match the.edges or the road to the wall and roof and the section is done.  I think it may work if I had done the what I had initially planned, but this seems to be moving along so I am no messing with it.  Unfortunately the lighting I have been using does not work well with this method of modeling.  When I move it into an engine it will work fine, but inside the modeling program there is a problem.  The automatic lighting make a spherical lit surface and this creates several very odd shadows where there should be none.  Once in the engine a more appropriate lighting will be made so this problem will not be as bad, but it is a bit of a waste of time to do lighting for some so small.

Hopefully that was clear.  Now what I did do, again no pictures because of lighting problem, is the wall and roof for the straight piece and the wall for the ninety degree turn.  While that may not seen like a lot, that is both mesh and texture.  That leaves five more tiling models and then I can move onto the custom pieces.  With any luck I can continue making progress during the week.
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment