24 January 2012

Work in Progress: Ranch-style House (Part I)

Well, I was hoping to have this finished for this post, but I had a longer break over the weekend than I thought I would.  So here is the model about half finished.  It still needs to side windows and the front door from this perspective.  The back needs four windows and a door, not sure if I am going to try for a sliding door or double doors.I may try something different with the back doors but that depends on the polygon count.  Speaking of polygon count, the total for this so far is under five-hundred and from that I would expect the final model to be roughly a thousand polygons, guessing each door and window should be about 50.  I am not including shutters on side or back widows, so that fifty polygons should be close.

As for texturing, I want to go over some tutorials before I start on any of these projects, while I do not want to save it entirely for the end, at the moment I am just trying to figure out what buildings I need and how they will look.  Once I start texturing, I am hoping some of the buildings, like the row-house and this house above will be reusable with several different textures.Figuring a development with this and three or four other kinds of houses, each with four or five textures, will make a fairly large number, sixteen to twenty-five, of houses.  Hopefully it will make for an interesting map.

I know this was not a Sunday night post, next week may not be either, depending on how life decides to play with me, but that conversion should be happening in the next few weeks.  Again, I am hoping to get some things done during the week to should them off for that Friday night post, but most likely that will be a conceptual post and the Sunday will be a 3D art post.  Until next time,
~gunnah

No comments:

Post a Comment